About SafeSend - RM's Advanced Technology To Safely Deliver Your Tax Returns Electronically
Restivo Monacelli will once again be utilizing SafeSend Returns to electronically deliver your 2020 tax returns. Once we have completed your tax return, you will receive an email from . (If you do not receive the email, please check your Spam or Junk Folder). The email will contain a link that is completely secure and safe to click. You will need to provide the last 4 digits of your SSN and enter an Access Code that will be emailed to you in a separate email. Upon successful verification, you will be able to:
1) Download, review and/or print tax returns
2) See if you owe taxes, are receiving any refunds and view your estimated tax payments, if applicable.
3) Electronically sign your personal e-file authorization forms. For personal returns, the IRS requires identity verification so please do not be alarmed by the personal questions as these are pulled from public databases.
Please note for those filing Married Filing Jointly, the system will ask you to provide your spouse’s email address. If you and your spouse share an email address, just provide that email address again. Your spouse will then receive the same email and follow the same instructions for signing the authorization electronically. The IRS requires both individuals to electronically sign.
Frequently Asked Questions & Answers
I did not receive the email, what should I do?
I received the email but how do I access my tax return documents?
Click on the original link that was sent to you with you return. You will be prompted to request an access code, then you will be able to access your return.
I did not receive an Access Code, what should I do?
You must click on the "Request Access Code" button." Pleaase log back on and follow the steps below:
Can I access SafeSend on any internet platform or on any internet-connected device?
We recommend that you use Google Chrome (most compatible), Firefox, Edge or Safari. We do not recommend Internet Explorer because Microsoft has stopped supporting it, which can cause issues when working through this process.
Although SafeSend claims you can use its program on a phone or tablet, we have experienced issues where it does not work properly on a phone or tablet, therefore, we advise you to use a computer.
Can I print the documents rather than e-sign?
Yes, youcan select the "Print, Sign and Return" button in the 'Sign' section of your return. This will allow you to print, sign, and upload your tax documents.
How do I sign a joint return?
- If both spouses have an email address on file, both will receive an email with a link to view the return and sign the e-file authorization form(s). First, one spouse will receive the link with identity verification questions specific to him/her. He or she will sign the e-file authorization form(s), and an email link will be sent to the second spouse. The second spouse will answer identity verification questions specific to him/her, then sign the form(s).
- If only one spouse has an email address on file, that spouse will first receive the link with identity verification questions specific to him/her. He or she will sign the e-file authorization form(s) and then enter an email address for the second spouse. The second spouse will then receive the email link with identity verification questions specific to him/her. Once the second spouse electronically signs the e-file authorization form(s), the signing is complete.
- If a couple shares an email address, the primary signer will first receive a link with identity verification questions specific to him/her. After the primary signer signs the e-file authorization form(s), he/she can then enter the shared email address again. A new link will be sent with identity verification questions specific to the second spouse.
Can I sign my child's tax return?
All child returns must be manually signed, per the IRS rules on Knowledge Base Authentification.
What should I do if I receive an "Authentification Failure" message?
If you receive this message it is usually because the taxpayer is:
1. A Child, and therefore has no tax history, or
2. The taxpayer is a young adult or anyone that doesn’t have enough history ie: has never purchased a car/house etc.
For security purposes, Restivo Monacelli is not given the reasons for authentication failure or why you would not be eligible since the IRS' "Knowldge Based Authentification" (KBA) is done through a third party. It is possible that the third party was unable to gather enough data for a full profile on you. For example, if you are a young taxpayer or a new citizen, there may not be enough information in the public record to generate KBA questions.
In this case, you would need to manually sign the returns and upload the documents into SSR or email/fax them to the firm's office. You will be given this option after KBA is failed. The return does not need to be re-called and re-delivered; it will automatically revert to a manual signing option for the taxpayer.
Why am I unable to electronically sign my Tax Return?
If your page is not loading or freezing, you should check the following:
- You are using Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Edge - NOT Internet Explorer.
- If using a mobile device, make sure the link is opening in a web browser app and not inside of the email app
- You should clear your cache and cookies and ensure you have a stable internet connection.
What should I do if I am locked out of my account?
Too many failed attempts will result in your account being locked. We will automatically receive a notification and will unlock your account. If you are still having issues, please contact Ann at firstname.lastname@example.org so she may unlock your account.
I entered in the wrong birthdate,
If you have entered the wrong birthdate when logging on, that should not cause an issue. It is just on part of the verification process and will not/should not disqualify you from signing your E-File forms.
Below are some of the most common questions we receive about SafeSend and answers to help you easily navigate the technology. If you have any questions, please call 508-543-5555 and leave a message with your phone number. A member of our team will return your call within a day.